Wednesday, June 11, 2014

It's Easy Being Vegan and Sometimes It's Not

Go on any forum and you'll often find someone asking about how to be a vegan.  Some people will say it's easy and others will say they tried but found it too hard.  Some days I find it easy  and more of a hassle on other days.

If you look at the photo below; these are some of my favorite vegan products.  Missing from the photo are Daiya and Gardein products.  Just to be able to find these products I need to go to 4 different stores and 2 different online stores.  I just wish I could walk into one grocery store and buy all my stuff like most people.  Yes, I know I don't need to eat any of these products to be vegan but I love them!


Some of my favorite vegan products.
Also, companies that used to be cruelty-free are being bought by big corporations that do animal testing.  It can be discouraging at times, although never enough to stop being vegan.

And then there are days when I look at some yarns and wish I could find those colorways in non-animal fibers.  At times like this I remind myself why I became a vegan; animals are not here for my personal use. They are not here to feed me, clothe me, entertain me or test my products.

5 comments:

  1. Finding everything in one store! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you could find most of these things in Segal... But Soy Curls?????!!!!! Where??????? (Yes, I'm anxious to know!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get the Soy Curls from Vegan Aisle. Segal is not close to my place though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I learned about Vegan Aisle just when they stopped taking orders/moved (?). I hope they open again soon.

      Delete