Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns

I have found a copy of "A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns" SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Yes, I am acting totally giddy ever since I found it.  My boyfriend found my reaction "cute and hilarious".  He just doesn't understand how much I wanted a copy of this book.  I love intricate patterns and had heard there were some amazing ones to be found in here.



Where did I find it you ask?
At an old books store in downtown Plattsburgh.


What was I doing in Plattsburgh?
Supposed to be enjoying the beach but since the same rainy weather was happening here as well we ended up in Ausable Chasm and then went on to Port Kent.  The weather did clear up late afternoon so we went walking in downtown Plattsburgh.  As soon as I spotted the old books store I knew I had to see if they had any knitting books and boy I hit the jackpot!


I  have already charted a lace pattern and will soon be knitting wonderful scarves and more inspired by the lovely intricate patterns in this book.

Here are some pictures from Ausable Chasm.  The first one is a a little chipmunk who kept coming onto to the porch whenever someone left to see if he could find some crumbs.  The second one is of the falls.  We spent an enjoyable time looking around a bit and chatting on the porch while it rained.



1 comment:

  1. Hugely late in commenting! What a great find! Glad your boyfriend thought you were cute and hilarious. :)
    I didn't know chipmunks were so tiny. Like you, s/he is SO CUTE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete